1. Karenjit Kaur Vohra belonged to a conservative Sikh family settled in Canada
Karenjit Kaur Vohra, aka Sunny Leone, has achieved many milestones since she started out as an adult entertainer. More importantly, her journey has been with its fair share of ups and downs. If you didn’t know already, before marriage, Karenjit belonged to a conservative Sikh family, who initially worked hard to make ends meet in Canada.
Her life story is beautifully covered in the ZEE5 Original Series Karenjit Kaur: The Untold Story Of Sunny Leone. Watch it now if you still haven’t!
2. Karenjit Sang Gurbani Songs In The Gurudwara When She Was Young
3. Karenjit's Brother Sundeep Vohra Sold Her Signed Posters For Pocket Money
4. Sunny Leone is the first star in India to play herself in her biopic.
While many actors out there would choose to make a famous star play their biopic, but not Sunny. Anyone who has watched the show will say that she has played herself fabulously throughout the series, depicting the right kind of emotions from start to finish.
5. She entered the adult entertainment industry after winning 'Penthouse Pet Of The Year'
Bob Guccione, who founded the men’s magazine series; Penthouse, awarded one model to feature on its cover page. This model was titled – Penthouse Pet Of The Year. Sunny starred on the cover page of this magazine and was given this title in 2003. She also got the biggest pay cheque of her life after this project!
6. Sunny Leone entered the Bollywood industry through Big Boss Season 5
It was a surprise to the whole nation when an ‘adult-entertainer’ entered mainstream reality TV (Big Boss Season 5) in 2011-2012. This marked Sunny Leone’s entrance into Bollywood. Soon, she made her way into the industry and everyone started loving her.
7. How Karenjit Kaur became Sunny Leone
During a conversation with Bob (founder of Penthouse magazine), Karenjit was asked to choose a screen name for herself. When nothing else was striking her, Sundeep (her brother), who was called ‘Sunny’ at home came to her mind. Without thinking twice, she immediately said Sunny. She then asked the crew to choose the second name for her and voila! ‘Sunny Leone‘ was born!
8. Karenjit was body-shamed in school because of her own cousin
According to the show, Manveen, Sunny’s cousin sister hated the sight of her family because of their financial stature. While she was well-to-do, Manveen always found opportunities to get Karenjit insulted. Once, in school, she even tricked little Karenjit into wearing shorts. The latter was then body-shamed for sporting shorts with hairy legs!
9. Karenjit gave the biggest and probably the most controversial interview of her life in 2016!
During an interview with a leading media channel in 2016, Sunny stepped up and revealed much information about her personal life to the nation. The snippets of interviews can be seen on the show as well.
Which fact shocked you the most? Let us know in the space given below.
Don’t wait for another second to watch the show if you still haven’t. Stream the first season of this show on ZEE5 right away!