Holi is the festival of colours and there is no reason to not celebrate this fun occasion! However, if you’re worried about the colour affecting your skin, here’s how you can take care of it, once you’ve finished playing Holi. Having said that, one must take steps way before you start your Holi celebrations.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Simple measures like protecting your hair and skin with oil, applying water-proof sunscreen and even applying enamel to your nails saves you from almost all the trouble.
2. Stand in running water for 5-10 minutes after playing Holi, and ensure that you do not scrub or scratch your skin or scalp aggressively.
3. If you’re struggling with the colour, then a mix of lime, curd and sandalwood can do wonders. You can also apply white flour and turmeric for around 15 minutes. This will surely bring out the glow in your face.
Doesn’t Ashika Ranganath have the most healthy skin?
4. Use olive oil to remove the colour from your face. One can also apply the oil before going out in the sun and celebrating Holi. This way the colour is not likely to stick as much as it would without the oil.
5. If there are still traces of colour, then remember to give it a couple of days so it can go away naturally instead of scrubbing it aggressively. Doing so can harm the skin, especially the face as it is sensitive. It is also not advisable to use body scrubs, soap or exfoliators for at least two days after playing Holi. Also avoid going out in the sun for too long.
Catch Raambo 2 exclusively on ZEE5!